sp_TopicIcon
NOVEMBER 2016
RSS
Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2280 Posts
(Offline)
November 1, 2016 - 7:13 am

Here in southeastern Wisconsin we are having great weather.  Today the temps will be in the 60's and no freezing nights for at least the next week.  I am still harvesting raspberries, greens and herbs.  Cleanup is almost done.  I am erecting a version of Elliot Coleman's all season unheated green house...mini version.  I will go into more detail and do a video soon.

I hope your Autumn is also bringing you join, as it is for me.  Love all the colors.

Take care my friends.

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

KeyWee54
Western Kentucky Zone 7a
616 Posts
(Offline)
November 5, 2016 - 5:17 am

We are having NO kind of fall around here.  It has been weirdly hot (80s) and SO dry.  Historically, we all hear about "fall planting", so that's what I did and now I am paying the price.  I went out and bought lots of cheap shrubs that were all discounted for quick sale:  burning bush, fern-leaf cypress, golden bayberry, spirea, nandina, and on and on.  Now I have been forced to water like a mad-woman, and have been dragging 100-foot hoses in every direction, trying to get these things established before winter.  Plus, this warm fall does NOT provide the incentive to get out and start fall clean up ~ it's just been too hot.  

While the leaves have started to fall, it just doesn't feel like raking time.  I still have a poison ivy rash, for Pete's sake!  

On the UP side, we graduated 14 more Master Gardeners this year, so we are WAY pumped up about that.  It was down to only about 5 of us in our county so we are beyond excited about our newbies.  We have lots of exciting events planned and have already held a hypertufa class.

Looks like fall will truly begin here sometime later this month.  In the meantime, I am enjoying the late bloomers, and NO freezing temps (yet).

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Lark

Top Posters:

KeyWee54: 616

davsher: 284

Im A Dork Fish: 174

Brenda: 129

HSwantabe: 115

CarolJean: 99

Newest Members: