sp_TopicIcon
NOVEMBER 2017
RSS
Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2282 Posts
(Offline)
November 1, 2017 - 6:49 am

Good morning to all.  Winter is starting to set in, 34F at my home this morning. Like most of you, preparing the yard for Winter is a top priority.  Today I will be picking the last of my peppers that have not ripened.  Adding leaves and grass clippings to this bed.  Harvesting what I can from my herbs and drying them for later use.  Digging up some Comfrey Root and drying its leaves also.  I have a couple celery plants I need to harvest also.  Collecting seeds, saving some and immediately spreading others (what I call 'come agains'). 

I need to empty of annual flower pots.  I will probably empty them on a tarp, due to the fact that the canna bulbs are huge and thick, no just digging them out.  Drying some of the bulbs for next year and letting others rot and feed the soil. 

Cutting back the raspberries and removing the old canes needs to be finished. 

I have beets that I harvested and need to freeze.  I have a small bowl of cherry tomatoes to eat and enjoy every last bite of REAL tomatoes until 2018 harvest occurs. 

HAPPY GARDENING and have a healthy recovering Winter season.  Dream and plan for next year. 

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Lark

Top Posters:

KeyWee54: 616

davsher: 284

Im A Dork Fish: 174

Brenda: 129

HSwantabe: 115

CarolJean: 99