sp_TopicIcon
OCTOBER 2016
RSS
Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2282 Posts
(Offline)
October 3, 2016 - 6:31 am

October in Wisconsin is a gorgeous time of the year.  Love the Autumn colors of the leaves turning on the trees. Night time temperatures are in the 40-50 range.  A frost is possible at any time.

The perennial beds are still giving me a lot of color. The asters, golden rods, turtlehead, sedums and grasses are the stars of the show.

Deadheading is a MUST with the garlic chives, great blue lobelia, goldenrods and joepye. Even doing this, the aggressive plants still drop seed and give me more plants next year.

Busy time of the year for all of us. I am still picking, beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, beets, carrots, raspberries, pumpkins celery and greens. Potatoes still need to be harvested. It has been a great year in the gardens.

Great time of the year for transplanting.  My body is telling me to rest and I am telling my body to just 'hang in there' I will be sensible and soon the gardens will be done.  I have hired a few young highschool boys to help in the gardens.  I am very thankful for my helpers.

Happy gardening my friends. Stay healthy and happy.

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Lark

Top Posters:

KeyWee54: 616

davsher: 284

Im A Dork Fish: 174

Brenda: 129

HSwantabe: 115

CarolJean: 99