sp_TopicIcon
APRIL 2015
RSS
Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2281 Posts
(Offline)
April 1, 2015 - 12:48 pm

Beautiful day here in Wisconsin 60's and sunny.  All my seedlings and transplants are outside soaking up the sun.  The clear totes can stay out all day, but the tomato plants can only be out for a couple of hours. The tomato plants need to be hardened off since they have been out of the totes for the last 6 weeks. They are huge. Today was the first day it was warm enough for them to be outside. The plants in the totes are protected.

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2281 Posts
(Offline)
April 22, 2015 - 5:53 am

Cold, windy, cloudy and rain. Not ideal for starting a veggie garden, not even the cold crops. The CLEAR TOTE MINI GREENHOUSES haven't been outside for two days. I would usually put the lettuces and peas out on the deck BUT being that they are in the cell packs & it is so windy, they dry out very fast. The weather people say we will have sun today and high in the 40's.  It is completely cloudy now, but the wind is moving the clouds quickly. I think my plants will be sun bathing today.Laugh

I have been a very busy lady for the 7 months, especially the last 3. My husband & I are moving my parents into a senior community. I won't go into detail BUT we are almost done. Just in time for planting in the garden. The timing is perfect. Thank you God.

I hope you are all safe from the severe weather and healthy. May your gardening season be AWESOME.

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Lark

Top Posters:

KeyWee54: 616

davsher: 284

Im A Dork Fish: 174

Brenda: 129

HSwantabe: 115

CarolJean: 99