sp_TopicIcon
JUNE 2015
RSS
Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2233 Posts
(Offline)
June 1, 2015 - 7:14 am

Cold here in Wisconsin.  The last couple of nights have been in the low 40's and VERY VERY windy. Brrrrr.  But at least it is not freezing. We have been getting rain at least twice weekly.  Perfect FLOWER GARDEN weather.  The flowers don't bloom out so fast. I will continue the 'chop & drop' method of soil amending.  You can no longer see all the debris from last Fall.  The garden is thick and lush. I will be doing my first 'dead heading' and 'cutting back' soon.  I will try to tuck the chopped foliage/flowers under plants. At this time I will also make clumps of aggressive plants smaller. At this time of the year I make sure I take care of my hands. I am prone to carpal tunnel syndrome. I make sure I massage COMFREY OIL into my wrists and hands. I also do accupressure and stretches to these areas.  My herbal teas have eliminated a lot of my arthritis symptoms.

On the other hand the 'warm season' veggies are not liking this cold weather.  They are just hanging in there. Most veggies are planted. Yesterday I saw that the carrots are now popping through the soil. My twelve 3" pots of Holy Basil all died due to several days of severe wind and sun.  My fault I should have given them protection. I due have new ones growing in cell packs. After there true leaves appear I will plant directly into the garden, I think.ConfusedLaugh

Like so many of you, I have a long list of thing 'to do'.  The question always is, WHAT TAKES TOP PRIORITY? Laugh Have a good day my friends and HAPPY GARDENING.

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Lark

Top Posters:

KeyWee54: 616

davsher: 284

Im A Dork Fish: 174

Brenda: 129

HSwantabe: 115

GardenLiv: 96