sp_TopicIcon
JULY 2015
RSS
Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2269 Posts
(Offline)
July 2, 2015 - 6:25 am

Woke up to 47 degrees this morning. Brrrrrrrr  The peppers and tomatoes are thinking I put them in a refrigerator.  These cooler temperatures make for a pretty flower garden. Flowers stay blooming for a longer time. The soil stays more moist for longer. The cool season crops don't bolt so fast. And the most important is the gardener can work longer hours.Laugh

Yesterday was a PERFECT Summer day.  Sunshine, 72 degrees and a slight breeze. Makes me think of the song 'Summer Breeze', by Seals &  Crofts. "Summer breeze makes be fine fine rolling in the sunshine of my life."SurprisedLaughYou didn't know I could sing, did you? I was grooming the perennials beds. I have been using the CHOP & DROP method on most of the plants.  If they are going to seed and I don't want more of that plant, I toss it into the wheel barrel. Some plants I just deadhead and they continue to bloom, like Rose Campion.  I also start using the TWIG METHOD of supporting flopping plants. Check out my latest video. I didn't finish the border but I got as far as the 'disaster tree fall' area.  Today is another day and I am refreshed and ready to go.

So off I go to do my morning exercise routine and walk the garden. Have a great day my friends.

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Lark

Top Posters:

KeyWee54: 616

davsher: 284

Im A Dork Fish: 174

Brenda: 129

HSwantabe: 115

GardenLiv: 96