sp_TopicIcon
sept 2014
RSS
davsher
, zone 5
284 Posts
(Offline)
September 8, 2014 - 4:15 pm

gardens around here are in the final stages. cold this morning, 70's right now. morning news says it be in the 40's at night northern part of the state by Friday. raining up there right now temps 55. I don't think we will have any frost for awhile.

davsher
, zone 5
284 Posts
(Offline)
September 12, 2014 - 10:32 am

well no working in the garden today! 45 degrees and rain. Cry well maybe if it stops raining. Wink low tonight 38. was hoping to start cleaning out some of the garden. going to remove all the sparling tomato vines most have quit bearing. will pick as much as I can if it stops raining. all the good green tomatoes will make nice fried green ones. the sweet corn didn't make it, but will chop it up and into the compost pile. along with the bean, and  cucumber vines. I think this cold weather  will finish the cucumbers, and maybe the okra. this year has been different to say the least. I couldn't stay ahead of the weeds, and the mowing was mostly all I got done this summer. but in spite of all that the harvest was great. without the weeds I would have had to use a truck to haul the tomatoes. all the peppers, onions, beans, okra, and melons were good also. the flowers were the most disappointing. all the zinnias and so many others never seeded them self from last year and after reseeding they didn't do anything either. but the iris, lilies, and daisies did very well. have a great day hoping for a little sun shine. 

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Lark

Top Posters:

KeyWee54: 616

davsher: 284

Im A Dork Fish: 174

Brenda: 129

HSwantabe: 115

GardenLiv: 96

Newest Members: