sp_TopicIcon
SEPTEMBER 2014
RSS
Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2269 Posts
(Offline)
September 13, 2014 - 8:35 am

Here in Wisconsin we have had some very cool weather.  Last night it got down to 45 degrees. The warm season crops are not liking the crispness in the air, they are winding down anyways. I am picking all the 'blushing' tomatoes before the blight carries on to the tomato itself.  The beans and cucumbers are producing much less. BUT the cool season crops are LOVING this cool weather. My new planting (August) of Sugar Snap Peas are flowering. The lettuces, beets, kale, carrots, bok choy and herbs are growing nicely. The Raspberries are ripening and so far the birds have not found them.  I wish I would have planted more dill. My Mom has a lot of dill that has gone to seed. I am gathering the dill seed for next years planting. I will broad cast the seed into all my gardens, some now and some in Spring.

Early in the morning question to myself is not 'WHAT am I going to do???' We all know I am going to work in the gardens.  Question is ' WHAT am I going to do FIRST in the gardens?'

This is a VERY BUSY time of the year for all us gardeners.  I tell myself to stay FOCUSED and BE SMART.  Don't do too much of one activity.  AND STRETCH after you day is done.

HAPPY GARDENING MY FRIENDS!

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

davsher
, zone 5
284 Posts
(Offline)
September 15, 2014 - 1:37 pm

well 7 more days left of summer. cold and rainy here today. rained really hard around 5 AM lasted quite a while. just about to drift off again and the dog needed to go out. we haven't had a dog for 25 years our kids thought we needed one in our dotage. I wasn't so sure but we adopted this one before she was put to sleep. I don't remember what kind she is but she is small, potty trained and doesn't bark all the time. she is 13 years young, she belonged to lady that went to a nursing home and no one to take care of the dog. the only thing that will need to rectify is her early rising. but I am sure after she gets us trained everything will be alright.  no gardening to day still raining

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Lark

Top Posters:

KeyWee54: 616

davsher: 284

Im A Dork Fish: 174

Brenda: 129

HSwantabe: 115

GardenLiv: 96

Newest Members: