sp_TopicIcon
FEBRUARY 2017
RSS
Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2282 Posts
(Offline)
February 2, 2017 - 8:25 am

Good morning my gardening friends.  I am so happy January is behind us.  Here in my part of Wisconsin the Winters are way too long.  Week have gone weeks without SUNSHINE. That is not good for our health and well being.

This morning I see a beautiful clear blue sky. WONDERFUL.  The sun is bright and so is my Spirit.  Some information on the internet says to try and expose as much skin as possible to at least a minimum of 10 minutes of direct SUNSHINE.  Since the temps here in Wisconsin this morning are in the single digits,  I only expose my face when going outside.  :0) Wayyyyyyyyy too cold to become a nudest.  I have to settle for finding sunny spots IN my home and bask in the sun.  Kind of like a cat or dog laying and enjoying the sun spots in the house. When outside I make sure I inhale and enjoy the fresh air.

Where ever you are living I hope you can enjoy nature and the fresh outdoors.  With every passing day we are closer to Spring.  That makes me happy. 

Take care my friends. Thank you for being part of my life's journey.  Nature is our common thread. Love and kindness to all. 

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

KeyWee54
Western Kentucky Zone 7a
616 Posts
(Offline)
February 9, 2017 - 4:59 am

I too am anxious for spring.  We have day after day of gray rainy weather (not ONE flake of snow this year at all ~ yet).  The weird thing about our weather this year is that it has been bouncing all over the place ~ one day 60s, next day 30s.  So you have to keep a closet full of mixed-season clothing all the time.  I am not one of those people who gets a seasonal depression if I don't see sun every day, but I prefer the bright sparkling days over the dreary drizzle and fog.

Last Sunday, it was sunny and upper 50s, so I was able to get out in the yard and start some spring cleaning.  A bit too soon to uncover the beds, but I did cut back old perennials and some grasses.  While raking up, I saw all my many lilies, daffs, and iris, popping up everywhere.  I have already begun scoping out the hummingbird migration map (8 weeks to go!), and we only have a month until daylight savings, so hope is in the air!!!

Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2282 Posts
(Offline)
February 22, 2017 - 6:51 am

Good morning friends.  We have had A LOT of sunshine here in Wisconsin.  LOVELY.  It feels so good to be starting seeds.  Check out my HOME page where you can get more details of my day.

Please let me know what you have been doing?

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Lark

Top Posters:

KeyWee54: 616

davsher: 284

Im A Dork Fish: 174

Brenda: 129

HSwantabe: 115

CarolJean: 99