sp_TopicIcon
JANUARY 2015
RSS
Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2282 Posts
(Offline)
January 1, 2015 - 7:01 am

Happy & healthy new year to all of you. What are you plans for 2015?  I am going to continue working on better health.  Expanding my herb collection, only by a couple. I have to STOP sometime. There are a couple of topics I am reading about and find very interesting.  Reflexology of ears, hands, feet and face. Growing old gracefully is a goal of mine. Spiritually, physically and mentally. Since I am a Virgo, it is hard for me to let go of anything. Smile

The days are getting longer and that is a good thing.  I like the sunlight. I haven't opened my new Johnny's Select Seeds catalog YET.  Maybe today.  

Have a great year.  Make & accomplish some GOOD life changes.  Peace & blessings to all of you.Kiss

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

KeyWee54
Western Kentucky Zone 7a
616 Posts
(Offline)
January 2, 2015 - 6:16 am

A great and wonderful Happy New Year to you too!!  And you are already well on your way to one of your goals ~ for even though you are far from old, you ARE very graceful!

Yeah, I get the Virgo part too (you and me both) but I made huge strides in 2014 to let go and I can't tell you how beneficial it is AND how much easier it does get (really!).

I cracked into a couple of seed catalogs and found some items of interest that I would not have considered before.  In Southern Exposure (recommended on here by ladybug) I found an interesting beneficial insect perennial seed mix that I think is really cool.  And I also happened on an ornamental sorghum (rainbow) that looks fun to grow ~ who knew?

So yes, best wishes to all of you for a great gardening year, and oh ~ my daffs are popping up already so although spring is not in the air, it's around here somewhere!

Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2282 Posts
(Offline)
January 6, 2015 - 7:56 am

It is a very cold morning here in Wisconsin.  Eight BELOW zero for the last two days. And that is without wind chill.  I pray that all people can find a warm shelter during these unbearably frigid days & nights.  We have finally gotten snow, 4" so far. More snow is due for today and tomorrow.  We need the snow insulation for our landscape and moisture.

Yesterday I made my years supply of PURE VANILLA EXTRACT.  DIY is on my homepage.  Unbelievably simple. YUMMY!

Stay warm, stay safe, stay healthy my friends.Smile

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Lark

Top Posters:

KeyWee54: 616

davsher: 284

Im A Dork Fish: 174

Brenda: 129

HSwantabe: 115