sp_TopicIcon
MARCH 2015
RSS
Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2282 Posts
(Offline)
March 2, 2015 - 6:31 am

Well our March came in LIKE A LAMB, which means it could GO OUT LIKE A LION.CryThat is nothing new to us Wisconsinites.LaughTemps reached mid 20's and no wind.  

Veggies in south windows are developing nicely in the cell packs. I think I am growing too many tomatoes.  It is so hard just to have a couple of each variety. I will have to throw out (compost) several. Laugh I need to do transplanting soon. I started more herb seed with direct sowing in cell packs.

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

Lark
Wisconsin zone 4/5
2282 Posts
(Offline)
March 10, 2015 - 7:41 am

SurprisedI think Spring might be FINALLY starting to show her face.  It was 49F yesterday and SUNNY.  A lot of melting of snow.  I took a walk in the woodland garden. I only saw a few daffodils popping through the leaf debris. I no longer rake any of the leaves or twigs that fall. Trying to feed the soil naturally.  It was so nice to have the sun on my face and 'deep breath' the smells of Spring.Smile

I have started to put my seedlings & plants that are in my south facing windows, which are in the CLEAR TOTE MINI GREENHOUSES, outside.  As long as the temps are above 30 and mostly sunny they spend their days on my south facing deck.  Yesterday I had to open all the tops of the totes. It can get too hot if the sun is out.  The soil also dries out daily. In a couple of days I will be starting my cool season plants. The seedlings that are now in the cell packs will be transplanted. Four totes of transplants and one tote of seedling cell packs are what I am caring for now.  In April I will be using the ROLLING SHELF GREENHOUSE. In May I hope to plant the cool season crops into the garden.  I think I will put up a HOOP HOUSE before planting in May.  Last year I did it after the fact and have to be careful not to step on the plants. LIVE & LEARN seems to be my style of gardening.ConfusedSmile

Dousman, Wisconsin, zone 5

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Lark

Top Posters:

KeyWee54: 616

davsher: 284

Im A Dork Fish: 174

Brenda: 129

HSwantabe: 115

CarolJean: 99