HOW TO GROW GREEN ONIONS FROM CUTTINGS – INDOORS/OUTDOORS
1. Select a growing container that has drainage and at least 5 inches deep.
2. Buy green onions that still have little roots on the bottom. (The more roots, the better) Organic is best.
3. Use a good potting mix. I used equal parts: peat moss, perlite, potting soil, compost. I also added some worm castings.
4. Cut bottom of onion and root area off of the greens.
5. Make a small indentation in the soil and plant onion root, leaving a little of the onion part above or level with the soil.
6. Water thoroughly.
7. Place in sunny window. Or if you like, plant them outside in your garden.
8. Keep moist but not soggy.
Your onions should start growing their greens in a week to 10 days. Harvest the greens as needed. Or pull the green onion and use it in your favorite dishes. Remember to REPLANT the root end. These onions should grow over and over again. Now that is a BIG BANG for your $buck$.